Monday, January 19, 2009

Chemical Locha- Marun Dutta

Marun Dutta is a 3rd year student. He is known to be one of the most hardworking, helpful and knowledgeable students of 3rd year. Let us see what this simple and straightforward lad had to say. 
CY: If you are marooned on a remote island in the pacific and you have the choice of possessing only one of these things, which would you choose and why:
   a) A victorinox Swiss knife with 24 tools
   b) A box of 6 red parachute flares
   c) Your 60 GB ipod
MD: A box of 6 red Parachute flares. I love my life and I would like to get out of there as soon as possible and I would pray that some ship spots the flares.
 
CY: The achievement that you are most proud of…
MD: After any achievement I never feel proud of it .I feel rather scared and nervous as I always fear losing them. Nowadays the word achievement has become so materialistic that it has left no place for love, care and happiness which are a few things I cherish most in my life.
CY: If you could have dinner with any three people (real or fictitious) from any time period, dead or alive, which 3 people would you choose and why?
MD: Mahatma Gandhi, Karl Marx, Alfred Nobel. I love their principles and ideologies. They all worked for peace and humanity.
CY: If you had to choose a movie title for your life story, what would it be?
MD: I am a 20 year old boy and I have hardly done anything remarkable yet, neither have I had a tragic childhood which could be an interesting story for a movie. But obviously I will work hard to do some really remarkable thing such as help people and our society with a new way of life. This would make an interesting story, till then let the course of my life decide its title.
 
CY: You have a great sense of…
MD: Helping and encouraging people to do their best
CY: What/Who is your greatest motivator?
MD: My society (or in engineering terms the market) and its needs. It motivates me to excel and do my best for people.
 
CY: What is your biggest pet peeve?
MD: Nothing. I always maintain my cool with any irritating situation or person. I generally try to find out the cause of such behaviour rather then complaining, and believe in setting it right.
 
CY: You would rather skydive without a parachute than…
MD: I will never do it under any circumstance. Life is a mixture of joy and sorrow and we must live according to its demand and remain composed. ‘When things get tough, the tough get going’ and ‘Life is very precious, live it’ are what I believe in.
 
CY: You are a bad…
MD: I am bad at every thing in my life in which I am not interested, but if someone can turn my mind around, I can give my best for it.
 
CY: According to you, what is the height of optimism?
MD: I believe in neither optimism nor pessimism. But I do infact I strive hard to adopt a realistic attitude towards every situation that comes my way. Things can always go wrong and it depends on how we take it. ‘Failure may be stumbling block or stepping stone’. It all depends on us.
 

1 comment:

  1. !!!best interview!!!
    keep it up.... marun u r best attitude wise...handling oneself according to the soceity is most difficult....

    ReplyDelete